Have you ever wondered what lives in New Zealand's geothermal environments?
These hot, steamy, smelly, muddy areas with their unusual chemistry are actually teeming with life. Some really do like it hot!
Find out more
- Location-location-location - where are the geothermal areas and why?
- Islands on Land - what are the characteristics of these unique habitats?
- Living in a Niche - who has adapted to living there?
- Extremophiles - distinct and diverse microorganisms
- Insects - specialist and migrating insects
- Geothermal Plants - naturally rare plant species
- Extreme Survival - resilience to change