Yasir SyedNatural Hazard and Risk Scientist
- PhD, Emergency Management
- Master of Science, Computer Science
- BS, Computer Science
Areas of expertise
- Information Technology: Java programming
- Information Technology: Database design
- Information Technology: Application development
- Information Technology: Database development
- Information Technology: Web Based Development
- Business Development: Emergency Management
- Business Development: Natural Hazards Research
- Engineering: Natural hazards assessment
- Information Technology: GIS and other geotechnical software
- Business Development: Software Design
- Business Development: Stakeholder engagement
- Engineering: Natural Hazards Risk Assessment
- Information Technology: Photoshop
- Engineering: Risk assessment
- Information Technology: MatLab
- Engineering: Loss modelling
- Information Technology: Machine Learning
- Engineering: Infrastructure recovery modelling
- Business Development: Impact Assessment
- Information Technology: C/C++ programming
- Business Development: Data Science
- Business Development: Algorithms
- Information Technology: Data Science
- Business Development: Disaster Risk Management
- Business Development: Geospatial analysis
See all publications
- Building inventory and vulnerability functions for risk modelling in New Zealand DOI: 10.21420/G34N-V958.
- Recovery of critical infrastructure networks : a methodology to identify significant recovery factors for planning and decision-making DOI: 10.21420/118S-NZ82.
- 'End to end' linkage structure for integrated impact assessment of infrastructure networks under natural hazards, Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 54(2): p. 153-162. DOI: 10.5459/bnzsee.54.2.153-162.
- Improving Wellington regions resilience through integrated infrastructure resilience investments, Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 54(2): p. 117-134. DOI: 10.5459/bnzsee.54.2.117-134.
- Modelling interdependencies of critical infrastructure network recovery using a decision support system DOI: 10.21420/Y46F-GJ02.
- A design science based simulation framework for critical infrastructure interdependency, Proceedings of the Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management Asia Pacific 2018 Conference : innovating for resilience : 5-7 November, Wellington, New Zealand : p. 516-524.
- A simulation framework to model interdependencies between electricity and road infrastructure networks, From Inangahua to Kaikoura and beyond : NZSEE Conference 2018, 13-15 April 2018, Auckland, New Zealand : Paper P2.18.