Xiaoming WangTsunami Scientist
- MSc, Harbor, Coastal and Offshore Engineering
- BSc, Hydraulic Engineering
- PhD, Environmental Fluid Mechanics and Hydrology
Areas of expertise
- Geophysics: Modelling
- Geophysics: Tsunami physics modelling
- Geophysics: Tsunami hazard analysis
- Geophysics: Numerical Methods
- Geophysics: Water Wave Dynamics
- Engineering: Hydrodynamics
- Geophysics: Landslide Modelling
See all publications
- A multi-layer model for nonlinear internal wave propagation in shallow water, Journal of fluid mechanics 695: p. 341-365.
- Near-simultaneous great earthquakes at Tongan megathrust and outer rise in September 2009, Nature 466(7309): p. 959-964. DOI: 10.1038/nature09292.
- Tsunami hazard and early warning system in South China Sea, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 36(1): p. 2-12.
- Tsunami source region parameter identification and tsunami forecasting, Journal of earthquake and tsunami 2(2): p. 87-106.
- An analysis of 2004 Sumatra earthquake fault plane mechanisms and Indian Ocean tsunami, Journal of hydraulic research 44(2): p. 147-154.
- A numerical investigation of Boumerdes-Zemmouri (Algeria) earthquake and tsunami, Computer modeling in engineering & sciences 10(2): p. 171-184.