William PowerSenior Geophysicist - Scientific Programmer
- PhD, Physics
- MA, Physics
- BSc, Physics
Areas of expertise
- Information Technology: Application development
- Geophysics: Mathematical inversion techniques
- Information Technology: Numerical modelling
- Geophysics: Tsunami physics modelling
- Social Science: Climate change mitigation modelling
- Geophysics: Tsunami hazard analysis
See all publications
- Tsunami hazard assessment, Volcanic and tectonic hazard assessment for nuclear facilities : p. 276-306.
- Estimation of tsunami hazard in New Zealand due to South American earthquakes, Pure and Applied Geophysics 164(2/3): p. 547-564. DOI: 10.1007/s00024-006-0166-3.
- Tsunami vulnerability of buildings and people in South Java : field observations after the July 2006 Java tsunami, Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences 7(5): p. 573-589.
- The Fiordland earthquake and tsunami, New Zealand, 21 August 2003, Tsunamis : case studies and recent developments : p. 31-42.
- Atomic motion in light-beams possessing orbital angular-momentum, Physical review. A 52(1): p. 479-488.
- Light-induced torque on moving atoms, Physical review letters 73(9): p. 1239-1242.