Suzanne BullSenior Marine Geohazard Researcher
- MSc, Petroleum Geoscience
- BSc, Geology
- PhD, Structure and kinematics of mass wasting deposits
Areas of expertise
- Geology: Sedimentary Geology
- Geophysics: Seismic-well ties
- Geophysics: Seismic Stratigraphy
- Geology: Basin analysis
- Geology: Erosion Processes
- Geology: Graduate Student Advisor
- Geophysics: Seismic interpretation
- Geology: Structural geological mapping
- Geology: Outcrop geology
- Geology: Team Leader / Project Management
- Geology: Marine geology and geophysics
- Geomorphology: Sediment transport
- Geology: Submarine landslide processes
- Geology: Continental margin processes
- Geology: Geoscience Education
See all publications
- Line length balancing to evaluate multi-phase submarine landslide development : an example from the Storegga Slide, Norway, Subaqueous mass movements and their consequences : advances in process understanding, monitoring and hazard assessments : p. 531-550. DOI: 10.1144/SP500-2019-168.
- Neogene and Quaternary mass-transport deposits from the northern Taranaki Basin (North Island, New Zealand) : morphologies, transportation processes, and depositional controls, Submarine landslides: subaqueous mass transport deposits from outcrops to seismic profiles : p. 171-182.
- The role of mass transport deposits contributing to fluid escape : Neogene outcrop and seismic examples from north Taranaki, New Zealand, Geo-marine letters 139: 19 p.. DOI: 10.1007/s00367-020-00641-z.
- Influence of Mass Transport Deposit (MTD) surface topography on deep-water deposition : an example from a predominantly fine-grained continental margin, New Zealand, Subaqueous mass movements and their consequences : advances in process understanding, monitoring and hazard assessments : p. 147-172. DOI: 10.1144/SP500-2019-192.
- Tectonic controls on Miocene sedimentation in the Southern Taranaki Basin and implications for New Zealand plate boundary deformation, Basin research 31(2): p. 253-273. DOI: 10.1111/bre.12319.
- Submarine mass movements and their consequences : progress and challenges, Submarine mass movements and their consequences : 7th international Symposium : p. 1-12. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-20979-1_1.
- Small-scale insights into seismic-scale slumps : a comparison of slump features from Waitemata Basin, New Zealand, and the More Basin, off-shore Norway, Submarine mass movements and their consequences : p. 257-266. DOI: 10.1007/978-90-481-3071-9_21.
- A subsurface evacuation model for submarine slope failure, Basin research 21(4): p. 433-443. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2117.2008.00390.x.
- A review of kinematic indicators from mass-transport complexes using 3D seismic data, Marine and Petroleum Geology 26(10): p. 1132-1151. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2008.09.011.