Sally DellowEarth Structure and Processes Manager
Earth Structure and Processes
- BSc, Geology
- MSc, Engineering Geology
Areas of expertise
- Geology: Landslide Hazard Assessment
- Geology: Earthquake Hazard Assessment
- Geology: Active fault studies
- Geology: Lahars and debris flow
- Geology: Engineering Geology
- Geology: Rock and soil properties
- Geology: Data management
- Geology: Alpine Slope Processes
- Geology: Landslide Processes
- Geology: Earthquake-induced landslide estimates
- Geology: Land use planning for hazards
See all publications
- New Zealand's national Landslide Database, Landslides 14(6): p. 1949-1959. DOI: 10.1007/s10346-017-0843-6.
- Landslides caused by the Mw7.8 Kaikoura earthquake and the immediate response, Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 50(2): p. 106-116.
- Geotechnical assessment of the site of the October 2011 Maui gas pipeline failure near Pukearuhe, northern Taranaki
- NZS 1170.5:2004 site subsoil classification of Wellington City, Ninth Pacific Conference on Earthquake Engineering : building an earthquake resilient society, April 14-16, 2011, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand : paper 007.
- A probabilistic rainfall-induced landslide hazard model for New Zealand, Geologically active : delegate papers 11th Congress of the International Association for Engineering Geology and the Environment, Auckland, Aotearoa, 5-10 September 2010 : p. 1069-1076 (paper 124).
- A deterministic method for assessing the liquefaction susceptibility of the Heretaunga Plains, Hawke's Bay, NZ, Geotechnics on the volcanic edge, Tauranga, March 2003 : p. 111-120.
- Recent studies of historical earthquake-induced landsliding, ground damage, and MM intensity in New Zealand, Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 35(2): p. 59-95. DOI: 10.5459/bnzsee.35.2.59-95.