Rogier WesterhoffGeophysics and Remote Sensing Scientist
Hydrogeology and Geophysics
- PhD, Physics / Earth Sciences
- MSc, GEOPHYSICS
Areas of expertise
- Geophysics: Seismic wave propagation
- Geophysics: Seismic tomography
- Geophysics: Depth conversion of seismic data
- Geophysics: Data processing
- Geophysics: Field data collection
- Geophysics: Depth Imaging of seismic data
- Geophysics: Hydrogeology
- Geophysics: Seismic Reflection
- Geophysics: Exploration Geophysics
- Geophysics: Seismic Scattering
- Geophysics: Near-surface wave propogation effects
- Geophysics: Resistivity
- Geophysics: Infra-red
- Geophysics: Seismic interpretation
- Geophysics: Shallow water geophysics
- Business Development: Remote Sensing
- Geophysics: Remote sensing
- Geophysics: Airborne EM Interpretation
- Business Development: Environmental management
- Geophysics: Electrical resistivity tomography
- Geophysics: Resistivity Interpretation
- Business Development: Groundwater-surface water interaction
- Geophysics: Electromagnetic Methods
- Business Development: Data fusion
- Business Development: Groundwater modeling
- Geophysics: Airborne Geophysical surveying
See all publications
- Towards implementation of robust monitoring technologies alongside freshwater improvement policy in Aotearoa New Zealand, Environmental Science & Policy 132: p. 1-12. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsci.2022.01.020.
- Climate change and New Zealands groundwater resources : a methodology to support adaptation, Journal of Hydrology : Regional Studies 40: article 101053. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejrh.2022.101053.
- Incorporation of satellite data and uncertainty in a nationwide groundwater recharge model in New Zealand, Remote Sensing 10(1): article no. 58. DOI: 10.3390/rs10010058.
- Application of an improved global-scale groundwater model for water table estimation across New Zealand, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 22(12): p. 6449-6472. DOI: 10.5194/hess-22-6449-2018.
- Using uncertainty of Penman and Penman-Monteith methods in combined satellite and ground-based evapotranspiration estimates, Remote sensing of environment 169: p. 102-112. DOI: 10.1016/j.rse.2015.07.021.
- Toward global drought early warning capability: Expanding international cooperation for the development of a framework for monitoring and forecasting, Natural hazards 94(6): p. 776-785. DOI: 10.1007/s11069-012-0317-z.
- Automated global water mapping based on wide-swath orbital synthetic-aperture radar, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 17: p. 651-663. DOI: 10.5194/hess-17-651-2013.