Gill JollyNatural Hazards and Risks Theme Leader
Natural Hazards & Risks Theme
- MA, Geological Sciences
- PhD, Physical volcanology
Areas of expertise
- Geology: Petrology
- Geology: Volcanology
- Geology: Volcano surveillance
- Geology: Hazard Assessment
- Geology: Geochemistry
- Geology: 3D modelling
- Geology: Team Leader / Project Management
- Geology: Hazards impact on society
See all publications
- Geological surveys as research-focussed organisations : New Zealand's experience and opportunities, The changing role of geological surveys : p. 213-223. DOI: 10.1144/SP499-2019-63.
- Volcanic crisis communication : where do we go from here?, Observing the volcano world : volcano crisis communication : p. 751-754. DOI: 10.1007/11157_2017_27.
- Evaluating life-safety risk for fieldwork on active volcanoes : the volcano life risk estimator (VoLREst), a volcano observatorys decision-support tool, Journal of applied volcanology 7: article 7. DOI: 10.1186/s13617-018-0076-y.
- Overview of the co-ordinated risk-based approach to science and management response and recovery for the 2012 eruptions of Tongariro volcano, New Zealand, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 286: p. 184-207. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2014.08.028.
- Communicating the status of volcanic activity : revising New Zealands volcanic alert level system, Journal of applied volcanology 3(1): article 13 (16 p.). DOI: 10.1186/s13617-014-0013-7.
- Combining long- and short-term probabilistic volcanic hazard assessment with cost-benefit analysis to support decision making in a volcanic crisis from the Auckland Volcanic Field, New Zealand, Bulletin of Volcanology 74(3): p. 705-723. DOI: 10.1007/s00445-011-0556-y.
- Magma storage region processes inferred from geochemistry of Fe-Ti oxides in andesitic magma, Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat, WI, Journal of Petrology 44(8): p. 1375-1400.
- Rheological properties of basaltic lavas at sub-liquidus temperatures : laboratory and field measurements on lavas from Mount Etna, Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 68(4): p. 307-323.