Mineral Resource Information (Databases)
The essential enquiry point for information on mineral deposits and their geological setting.
Information databases include:
- PETLAB – National rock and geochemical database
- GERM – Geological resource map database of New Zealand
- REGCHEM – Regional stream sediment geochemical analyses from open file mining reports
- QMAP – National 1:250 000 geological map
- MinMap – free to use, GIS-based Minerals Map that enables access to selected GNS Science and Crown Minerals data for the whole of New Zealand.
- metallogenic map information
- geological map information
- aeromagnetic, resistivity and gravity surveys
- coal drillholes database
- mineral deposit and exploration literature search
View the full list of GNS Science databases.