GNS Science is committed to acting in an ethical and responsible manner, to promote the sustainable development of New Zealand’s natural resources, and to minimise the impact of our operations on the environment.
Under our Environmental Policy, we undertake to:
- Conduct all operations in compliance with relevant environmental legislation, regulations, consents and licences;
- Ensure that all managers and staff plan and conduct company operations according to our environmental policy and procedures;
- Liaise with and respect the needs of relevant landowners/lessees/occupiers before conducting field work;
- Identify, evaluate and where practicable implement laboratory practices that minimise environmental impact;
- Promote wise use of resources particularly through use of energy efficient programmes;
- Include environmental issues in company training to help keep environmental matters at the forefront of employee awareness and to encourage good environmental practices.