Structure & People
Meet the management team and view our company structure.
Our strength comes from our ability to integrate various discipline areas within one organisation. We have over 390 staff located in Wellington (75%), Taupo (20%), and Dunedin (5%). Over 85% of our staff are directly involved in science.
We are a research institute operating as a limited liability company owned by the New Zealand government, with an independent Board of Directors.This unique structure allows us to:
- focus on strategically important science at a national level
- engage in the full spectrum of science from basic research through to product development and consultancy services
- undertake work for both the public and private sectors
- operate internationally as well as within New Zealand
- as a company, operate financially independently
- have autonomy and self-determination
GNS Science Management Structure
Download our Annual Reports.